Furnace Replacement: When’s the Right Time?
Furnace replacement can be a confusing subject.
Most of the time, your furnace operates in a dark room by itself and goes unnoticed. Determining when things start to change can be challenging. Luckily, we’ve created a list of signals that may mean your furnace is trying to let you know it can’t keep up anymore.
Here are 6 signs that you may need a furnace replacement.
- Your furnace is over 15 years old – Once your furnace has reached the age between 10-15 years of age, it’s always smart to start evaluating your options. Once it’s over 15 years of age, it’s time to start making decisions.
- There are visible signs of rusting around your furnace – If there’s rust visible on the outside of your furnace, it’s possible that there’s rust on the inside of your furnace. This means that the parts are starting to weaken and they will likely need to be repaired soon. Replacement can sometimes be a more viable option.
If you are unsure of what type of furnace your house would require, simply get a quote from one of our experts.
- Your furnace is requiring more frequent repairs – Repairs are one of the most expensive parts of owning an HVAC system. When the repairs start piling up, it’s often more realistic to replace the machine.
- Your energy bill is rising, despite the same amount of usage – Your energy bill is always a good indicator. When your bill is rising with the same usage that means your machine’s efficiency is declining. This is also dependent on some of the other signs as well, specifically age. Otherwise your system may just need to be serviced.
Click here to schedule a service appointment.
- Your furnace is a lot noisier than usual – Unusual noise can be another sign of inefficiency. The rules from number four also apply to this.
- The rooms in your home are not heating evenly – If your system is not heating your home evenly there could be a variety of problems. Your system may either be starting to develop inefficiencies and not be able to perform at the same level it used to or it may just need to be serviced. If your system was never able to heat your home evenly, the machine itself or the duct work could’ve been the wrong size for your home and will never run efficiently.
These are merely signs to look out for when thinking about replacing your system. If you have any concerns regarding these issues, it’s best to speak to a professional.
Click here to get in touch with Special Gas Services immediately.